Tuesday, June 1, 2010

All in a days work


Back in the saddle again, the old song went. Among the days jobs, were shooting at the dawn in Maspeth Queens, the railway lines still functioning behind me as a mode of transportation for the innumerable factories and plants dotted along the creek just beyond. Then collecting the 17 students from Oglethorpe University in Atlanta GA, along with Professors Simon Sparks and Guggenheim recipient Alan Loehle , we charted the progress of my "Sleeping Giant | 11101 rezoned" project. The students visit was dubbed "And just what does count as art ...?", I hope they weren't looking for any answers from my direction. It was a great day and made me realize once again that even though it can be a struggle some times, its all about keeping the dream alive.

No comments: