Tuesday, March 29, 2011

PEPSI COLA SIGN, LONG ISLAND CITY, N.Y., 3.12.11, 5:52 P.M.

Pepsi Final

Not to bore everyone with my personal and the chronological history of the Pepsi Cola sign again, you can read all about it in the previous post here, but suffice it to say, my original shot from the last year needed some extra oopmh. Many people have such an affinity for the sign that I was asked on numerous occasions for prints. Problem. It was shot with my newly bought iphone and not my trusty 8x10. Not everyone was pleased with the offer of a 1.6mb file print.  Option?, lets do it again for real. I trotted off to re-shoot only to find many factors working against me. No lights on the sign at Dusk, no lights on after midnight, no lights on at 5:30 A.M. So after checking the meta data on the phone from the original shot, for all the elements to come together, I realized would have to retrace my footsteps to a tee. Not my forte. But in serious photographer fashion, I waited another three months and sixteen days to return at the exact time and date as the original, one year later. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Image © Ber Murphy 2011

2 comments:

williamscalia said...

This could be like your version of Steglitz's famous tree at Lake George

Unknown said...

Ber it was worth the wait.... breathtaking! Glad you got into "Pro" mode and did it!